Friday, January 18, 2008

1:35 Scale Model World War Two Russian T-34/76 Tank



This is the T-34/76 Russian medium tank which i had built out of the Tamiya Kit. It was spray painted with Testor Model Master Custom Enamel System FS34079 Dark Green. I then highlighted the grooves and vents with Black washes. Light dry brushing is performed using a lighter shades of Green.

The armour tank's tracks is the wrap around type of design made of rubbery material. During the building process, i had spent much effort trying to fix the tracks as it always came off after i had glued them together. In the end, i used staples and cement to hold the two ends of the rubber tracks together. After the cement dried, i removed the staples. This works well, i can say.

I painted the tracks with Metallic color only. I still have not weathered the tracks yet. In my opinion, the tracks should be weathered with different shades of brown to simulate rust and mud. This will make the built tank look more realistic.

I built this kit straight out of the box without any modification. It took me many months to built this since it is one of my very early scale model kits.

Always remember. You should not rush things during the building process. Just enjoy the fun of building your own dream kit! You will then be satisfied with your effort!

2 comments:

LaTease "Teasas Tips" said...

I like your work! You are a very patient and talented person. I have always marvelled at people who could recreate scale models. Rock on! Thanks for visiting Teasa's Tips.

miniscale said...

Thank you for your kind comments. Hope you find them interesting.

Cheers!